All use of Bluefin Robotics' Web site is subject to the terms and conditions listed below. Any use of the Web site constitutes the user's agreement to abide by these terms and conditions.
BLUEFIN ROBOTICS AND ITS AFFILIATED OPERATIONS, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, AND EMPLOYEES (HEREINAFTER COLLECTIVELY REFERRED TO AS BLUEFIN) DO NOT MAKE ANY EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR GUARANTEES INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE IN REGARD TO THE ACCURACY, COMPLETENESS OR USEFULNESS OF ANY INFORMATION, DATA, APPARATUS, PRODUCT OR PROCESS (HEREINAFTER COLLECTIVELY REFERRED TO AS INFORMATION) DISCLOSED ON OR AVAILABLE THROUGH THIS SITE. FURTHER, BLUEFIN SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO ANY USER OR ANYONE ELSE FOR DAMAGES OF ANY KIND OR NATURE INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY CONSEQUENTIAL OR INDIRECT DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF ANY USE OF, ATTEMPTED USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE THIS SITE OR THE INFORMATION CONTAINED ON OR AVAILABLE THROUGH THIS SITE.
This system is monitored to assure proper operation, to verify the functioning of applicable security features, and for other business-related purposes. Anyone using this system expressly consents to such monitoring. Unauthorized attempts to modify any information stored on this system, to defeat or circumvent security features of this system or to use this system or the Information contained on or available through this system in an unlawful or inappropriate manner may result in civil liability and/or criminal prosecution.
Links to Other Sites
Bluefin is committed to using all reasonable efforts to abide by the following Policy statement:
- Collection. Personally-identifiable information will be collected only to the extent that Bluefin deems reasonably necessary to serve a legitimate business purpose.
- Notification. Visitors will be notified (usually at the point where personally-identifiable information is collected) about how Bluefin may use the personally-identifiable information that is collected from them.
- Sensitive Data. The collection, storage and use of sensitive data carries special obligations and responsibilities in order to maintain the data's security, integrity and privacy. Sensitive data will not be rented or made available for external distribution outside Bluefin or any of its affiliated or subsidiary operations, as applicable.
Information Bluefin Collects Automatically from You
Bluefin collects no personally-identifiable information about you when you visit our Web site unless you choose to provide this information to us. However, we do collect and store certain other information automatically that does not identify you personally. We automatically collect:
- the Internet domain. For example, "xcompany.com" if you use a private Internet access account, or "yourschool.edu" if you connect from a university's domain
- the Internet Protocol (IP) address. An IP address is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer you are using whenever you access the Internet (e.g., 123.456.789.012), whether it is yours individually or provided as a proxy by your Internet Service Provider (ISP) through which you access our Web site
- the type of browser and operating system used to access our Web site
- the date and time you access our Web site
- the pages on our Web site that you access
- the address of a referring Web site (if you linked to our site from another Web site)
We use this information in the form of summary statistics to help us make our Web site more useful to our clients and visitors, such as assessing what information is of most and least interest, and for other purposes such as determining the Web site's design specifications and identifying system performance or problem areas.
This information is NOT shared with anyone except Bluefin and its parent company, Battelle Memorial Institute, as applicable.
Sending Bluefin Personal or Confidential Information
If you choose to provide Bluefin with personally-identifiable information--by sending us an e-mail message or by filling out an online form and submitting it to us through our Web site--please be aware that we may use the information to improve our service to you, respond to your request, or send you relevant marketing information. Your message could be saved in an electronic database or forwarded, in print or as e-mail, to others within Bluefin or its affiliated operations who may be better able to help you. Except as required by law, we do not share our e-mail with outside organizations.
Please note that e-mail is not secure from interception, so senders cannot expect privacy. This also applies to sending online forms, unless the form is secure. If you would rather not submit information via email, you may wish to send it by traditional mail or courier instead to the following address:
553 South Street
Quincy, MA 02169 USA
You may also call Bluefin at 614-424-6424 and ask to be referred to someone in Bluefin who may be able to answer your questions and provide you with instructions on how to submit your information.
Questions and Comments?
If you have questions regarding privacy, please contact Bluefin.